Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ready to Move Back to the US?

So I have a small admission to make....we MIGHT (hoping, praying, trying as hard as possible) be moving to San Francisco.

Basically about 3 weeks ago (yes, just 1 week after losing our precious baby) my hubby got an email with a job opportunity that wasn't just interesting...it was absolutely perfect, and basically the dream job for him!  It was a friend with an email that read something like this, "Hey, not sure if you might be interested in moving from Monaco, but there's this really great job opp that I think you would be perfect for".  He opened the description and couldn't have been more excited! Plus the timing couldn't be better.  We're starting to get sick of the "French way", and work hasn't been the most stellar experience. Mixed in with our disaster of a July....we're ready to move back to the good old US of A!!!

He's now moved on from there to the 3rd round of interviews, and he's working on completing an assignment in hopes that we are nearing the end and final negotiations for the position will begin.

Since then I've been googling and researching where to live, the best places to eat, what to wear, raising a family, etc! It seems like a great next move for us.

Here's what I've found so far....

Best places to live (FOR US):
-Hayes Valley
-Mission / Mission Delores
-SOMA
-Basically anything East of Divisadero St.

Best places to eat:
-Mission
-SOMA (funny that these places coincide with where I want to live)

What to wear: Layers, because it gets pretty cool in the evenings and the weather can change at the drop of a hat.

Ahh, I'm getting super excited...I just pray that this all works out!

PS. I've even found an acupuncturist and a yoga studio, now I just need to find a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment